In-Office Laser Teeth Whitening
Dr. Lim uses an Er:YAG dental laser to provide optimal results in our teeth whitening treatment. The energy in this laser gently warms the bleaching gel to activate it, but the energy stays in the gel without heating your tooth, making this an effective and safe method.
Here are the steps we follow in our in-office teeth bleaching process:
- We will place cheek retractors to keep the whitening gel on your teeth for uniform results and to protect your lips and cheeks.
- Next, we will apply a protective coating on your gums to avoid contact with the bleaching gel.
- After that, we will carefully paint the whitening gel onto the front surface of your teeth.
- Then, we will apply the laser for a few seconds on each tooth. This part lasts about ten minutes.
- Once your bleaching session is done, we will remove the protective barrier from your gums and provide you with after-care instructions.
In total, your teeth bleaching appointment takes only about 30 minutes.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening Trays
Our laser teeth whitening system is incredibly popular because it works so quickly in just one appointment. But if you would prefer to whiten your teeth gradually in the comfort of your own home, then our take-home whitening kit may be just right for you.
We offer Opalescence whitening, a trusted and effective bleaching tray system. We will fit you for a custom whitening tray, show you how to place the gel in the trays, and then give you instructions on how frequently to wear your trays to achieve your desired results. Sensitivity is a common concern while bleaching teeth, so we will also explain what you can do to keep sensitivity to a minimum during your treatment.
Teeth Bleaching Treatments in Owasso
Generally, we recommend that you have your teeth professionally cleaned before you whiten them. This will allow the gel to penetrate your enamel more efficiently to remove the stains embedded within. If you have recently had a dental cleaning, however, then you should be ready to go.
If you would like to experience the benefits of professional teeth whitening, plan a visit with Dr. Lim to find out if this treatment can help you achieve your aesthetic smile goals. Dr. Lim can meet with you in a brief complimentary consultation to discuss our teeth bleaching treatments.
Call us at (918) 274-3779 or request an appointment online to get started.